Saturday, July 01, 2006

California-Day one (28th June 2006)

Doston,
Landed to San Jose airport today morning at 10:30 am. Before landing when I just looked down from the airplane window, the first thing I noticed was a mountain range with no greenary at all. I was counting the green spots. It was barren land all over, just like desert. I was expecting this from Texas, when I was landing on DFW airport for the first time in AUG. 2003. But i think Dallas is more green than Cali, San Jose at least. This dryness or scarce greenary in Californai is referred as "June gloom" because of insufficient rainfall. The first impression of CALI was no that good.I think that's why there have more developed green forests here, as greenary is not very common. Akshay came at right time on the Airport to take me from Airport to Ajay's apt. He served as a good guide as he explained me all the roads and the areas around. As we were advancing towards AJ's apt. I understood why they called "California as Konkan or CAli. is more like India" because of it's Indianish look. You will get a feeling as if you are in some metro of India, u will see people walking on side walks (not very common in Dallas), of which many are Indian's. So, till now I liked Cali. because of it's Indian feeling. Even if you keep your windows open you won't feel hot the climate is soothing, little humid to some extent as Bombay. So waiting for more fun ahead and more Cali to explore. Hope I am not boring you. If I am then sincere apologies, can't help it and can't restrict myself from talking or giving detailed description.take care.

No comments: